Thursday, January 22, 2009


What a lovely day for a walk about!
On Monday I met up with my Uncle Lawrence and we spent the day together taking in the beauty of London. He took me on a little stroll where we got to see some of the most iconic  sights in the city. We walked along the River Thames and he took me to a spot right behind the Houses of Parliment where I had the prettiest view of the London Eye. We walked along by Big Ben and Westminster Abbey then down the road and passed a few more sights. We wandered through the Tate Britain, past Buckingham Palace and all through Victoria. We finished the afternoon with some biscuits ( caramel digestives believe it or not are so delicious) and tea at his flat. 

It was one of the best days of my time here so far! I loved wandering about and having Lawrence to show me around and see London like a true Londoner. Everyone once in a while he'd tell me to turn around and I would see another breathtaking view that I might have missed. He had bits and pieces of history and that made our walk so much more than just looking at great architecture. And as always Lawrence is wonderful company. I was just so nice that he took the day to show me around and chat together. It really was great!

These are a few pictures from our day out!








No comments: