Thursday, January 29, 2009

Stourhead, Winchester Cathedral and Porchester Castle


Add Video
Wednesday was another one of our excursion days! It was so lovely everythime we go I fall more in love with the English Countryside. It's honestly so much more beautiful than the pictures could ever show. As we were walking I was just taking it all in a breathing deep and smiling so big because I just feel so lucky to have the chance to see these exquisite places. It looks like the perfect postcard no matter where you look. Stourhead was my favorite if the day. That is where they filmed Mr. Darcy's proposal scene from Pride and Predjudice. I sat on the very same steps that he proposed on! It was really the most lovely and peaceful place we have visited yet! I was definitely one of my favorites! I had several of those moments where I had to stop and check to see if I was dreaming.
 After Stourhead we went to Winchester Cathedral and Great Hall. While walking in the cathedral I heard a little boy say to his mother " Mum- how large a feather duster you suppose the need for a ceiling like that?" It was the cutest thing ever! I live these adorable little British kids. At church I teach Primary Sunbeams and CTR 6 and 7 so I have the 5-7 year old little ones and they are so so so delightful. I'm going to bring the biscuits to church this week because of their good behavior last week! 
So after Winchester we went to Porchester Castle. I was so fun to walk around and explore here because I could just imagine the medieval princess walking through the courtyard where I stood in her dress and jewels to stand in her tower and look at the view of the English Channel- I only have one question. Back then it was a good thing to be fluffy and with that many steps how did anyone stay fluffy? Walking those everyday through the castle is the fast track to buns-o-steel.
 So all in all it was the most marvelous day to spend in the most splendid places!







Mr. Darcy proposed right there where I am siting!






(Like my hat Grandma? :))



1 comment:

brittany+scott said...

these pics are just stunning! im sure every moment is just picture perfect there!!!! p.s. love ur cute little back pack. missss you!!