Saturday, January 10, 2009






OH the chimney's of London

Just across the street

We take the underground everywhere and I'm getting a little better at navigating it! One of my favourite memories was walking up the steps at Westminster Station and looking up at Big Ben. It was unbelievable! I've seen pictures my entire life of this historic landmark but there is nothing like seeing it in person. It was so amazing I was just waiting for Peter Pan to fly on by.


Big Ben last night when I came up the steps from the station!! 

Other things I've loved are Trafalgar's Square, that's where the National Gallery and Nelson's Column are. Covent Garden was beautiful and so much fun to wander, and by the way they have, according to the sign, "award winning loo's"that must be one nice toilet. I LOVE Regent Street and Picadilly Circus. Those are both major shopping areas and just busy and fun in general, like London's own Times Square! It's full of cute little shops, restaurants , theaters and big stores! And I really enjoy most of the West End. Tonight while we were exploring the West End we ended up near SoHo and found this truly fabulous pastry shop called Patisserie Vallerie. It was the best. I got chocolate mille feuille. It was layers of chocolate cake, vanilla custard and fruit with chantilly cream and all topped with belgian chocolate! It was sinfully delicious...


Trafalgar's Square veiw towards the south...


Nelson's Column


Regent Street!






Tomorrow is Sunday and a few of us girls are planning on bundling up after church and taking a walk through Hyde Park and having hot coca and just chatting together. I'll try to get more pictures up asap and I promise to post more of our house and more with me and some of my friends in this phenomenal city. check back soon...

Cherrio!

 I'm in the teal dress brown coat and boot's next to the girl with the pink hat

 Chelsea is cut out of this one :(

3 comments:

xtremely5150 said...

Wow...it is 1:08 a.m. at home and I am sitting here in tears...you are so amazing! I can't believe the pictures that you have already taken. You are a natural...at all that you do! I hope you know how absolutely amazing you are! We are so proud of you. I am happy that you are having such a great time. I also hope that you know you are loved...more than you will ever know!!! Continue to have the time of your life...Heather

chellyyy said...

o my gosh. i'm honestly jealous times a hundered. ggahh it all looks so wonderful! haveee an amazing trip dearrr

xtremely5150 said...

Alyssa,
It is about 1210 in England. We are trying to get in touch with you on skype. If you get this try to get us before you go to bed...I love you.
Dad