Wednesday, January 28, 2009

National Gallery

On Monday we visited the National Gallery. This s one of my favorite places in London! It's at the center of Trafalgars Square and totally free to go and explore! I think it's awesome that its all free, so that anyone can go see and experience this amazing art. I wish there was this kind of support and promotion of the fine arts in our own culture at home; Pissarro instead of Playstation ya know?! It was so wonderful to see lots of children on school field trips too! Can you imagine seeing these world renowned works of art before you can pronounce the name of the artist! The gallery gigantic too! I could spend hours there. There is painting from 1250 to the early 1900's. 
My favorite section was the 19th century Impressionist's. Degras, Renior, Manet, Cezanne, and of course Monet were all on display.  I LOVE  how the style of this seemingly hurried technique leaves a little bit to your own imagination in an abstract sense and I just love the tranquillity of them, depite the bright colors. It amazing to me how the color each has its own role but all blends together. Monets Water Lilly Pond was my favorite of the day! Here are a few pictures of other ones I loved.
This is Monet's Water Lilly Pond
This is Monet's "The Thames below Westminster" my other favorite.
This is Pissarro's " The Boulevard Montmartre at Night"This is Monet's " The Beach at Trouville"


In Front of the Gallery at Trafalgars Square!
Trent look at my jacket! I thought of you when I bought it. The next day I was wearing it and a dark navy and black sweater and my makeup all smoky and had my hair all done like the way you cut it and a girl walked up to me and wanted a picture with me because she said " ohh you're Little J on  Gossip Girl in America right? I watch your show online all the time!" haha love you for being my favorite personal stylist


What I went through for this stupid picture! I went to snap one and as soon as I did the inebriated homeless man that drew it literally  jumps in front of me close enough to smell his rank breath and throws his arms up and screams " STOP IT NOWWWW!" I was like oh my gosh ok sorry and Sarah and I ran away! The irony is that it says " all you need is love...". When I got home and talked to the other girls I found out that I wasn't the first one that he did that to haha! People here are nutty sometimes.
Jenna, Sarah, Me and Lizzie!

No comments: