Monday, January 19, 2009

Westminster Abbey




I totally LOVED Westminster Abbey-although there hasn't been anything in London yet that I haven't LOVED ! ( thats excluding the fact that it's odd here to give compliments because its too intrusive- i think that is just lame! haha) Well Westminster was stunning and so so so full of history. Sarah and I spent a little extra money( on audio guides) and a ton of extra time at the Abbey just trying to soak it all up. I was just blown away by the number of significant people tat have graced The Abbey. I could just imagine Queen Elizabeth sitting in the coronation chair and receiving her Crown, ball and scepter! It was pretty surreal standing in the same place that people like Queen Victoria, Shakespeare, Henry the VIII. Jane Austen and Princess Diana stood. It was pretty surreal and the monuments and tombs and architecture of it all was nothing short of remarkable. 

After the tour Sarah and I went to the gift shop and they had children's  Monk costumes to borrow and take photos in the cloisters of the Abbey! So you guessed it we put on the child size large monk outfit and started taking pictures! The best part was when the Italian tourists wanted their picture taken with us! We thought it was quite hilarious!


I have more images that I shot of the Abbey on my photography blog( this blog is more like my journal and the photo one is only images I've shot) there is a link on this page but just incase it's alyssabrookephotography.blogspot.com





1 comment:

Mavisesmond said...

Did your Dad ever tell you that he made a brass rubbing in the cloisters of Westminster? Ask him sometime....see if he remembers.
Love U xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo