Friday, January 9, 2009



Ello Loves!
So I'm finally here! In Lovely Old London Towne and I love it more than I could have dreamed. And what an adventure getting here!! My first flight from LAX left a midnight and flew all night to JFK. First the people at the gate were HORRID and then I got to sit next to an Egyptian lady who was shouting up to her husband ( in her native language ) who was 3 rows in front of her!! HAHA I was less that comfortable to say the least. Then I had all day (9 HOURS!!) in the JFK airport. I read every single tabloid there is- 
FYI Jennifer Anistion isn't really still mad at Angie and 
her and John Mayer love  each other but have a hard time committing, Britney Spears can't wait to get back on tour and the tab's are accusing her now of forgetting about her kids, Pete Wentz loves his sons
name Bronx and now wants a little girl to name Brooklyn, and Poor John Travolta's tragic loss was all over every issue.- 


Then it was time for my flight and  the real magic started I waited in the general boarding line and when i got up there I said hello and smiled at the wonderful man and he  looked at my boarding pass and said there was a problem and then took my boarding pass and came back and told me I must be someone special with British Airways because I'd been upgraded to first class! It was Terrific and so Fabulous. I watched Mama Mia in the big comfy chair in the new cozy socks and jammies that they brought me then it was a 3 course Dinner YUMMY! and before they turned my seat into a bed I had some chocolate chip cookies and then slept. When I woke up I had another warm towel and I ordered fresh squeezed oj and pastries haha they also brought a "freshen up kit". The stewardess was SO nice and lovely at one point she said "Is there any this I can do for you miss, in true London style we want you to have the Royal Treatment" I felt so lucky to be there and what a way to travel to somewhere as amazing as London!
I'll post some new pictures of my adventues as they come!! It's been so amazing so far I just cant believe I'm acctually here in London looking out the window of flat at the view of Hyde Park. Well I'm off today to the Tate Modern and tonight Dinner at the Rusty Dog Pub and Ice Skating at the Tower of London! Have fabulous day everyone I love you all so much! xoxoxo lyss

3 comments:

Mavisesmond said...

Hi Liss - I have thought about you so much since you left and am thrilled that you had such a great flight to London. Isn't it wonderful to have that kind of service?
Gail (and Giovanni) have a young friend, about your age, leaving for London next week and Gail will try to contact you and give you some details. Perhaps you can get together. Her name is Carley from Ma and her Dad is a doctor. She will be there for one semester. Gail will get the name of her school etc. and send it to you.
I will try to read you blog every day and hope that you stay as happy as you seem right now. Work hard, play hard and make the most of this fabulous adventure.
Tell us all about your new friends and roomies.
Love you and miss you.
Grandma and Papa

xtremely5150 said...

Hey...we finally did it. Check us out at xtremely5150. Nothing spectacular yet, but at least we have finally gotten started! Glad you are having such an amazing time. Love you tons!!

Mavisesmond said...

Looooovely pictures. Heather is right....you are a natural.
Is it cold and damp in Olde London Towne?
Iy sounds as though you have made some great friends that share your interests. Are they all American or from other countries?
Papa and I were wondering if we should call you, but thought we would wait until later as it is around dinner time for you now.
Have a wonderful, wonderful adventure, but don't love it so much that you don't come home to us!!!!!

Love you lots
Grandma and Papa