Tuesday, February 24, 2009

To be or not to be?

Tuesday we visited Shakespeares Globe Theatre. All my years in Drama Classes and theatre gave me a little background in shakespeare but this tour was awesome. I learned so much!! Did you know that most of the actors in Shakespeare's plays rehearsed a total of about three hours! When they were given scripts if was on a scroll or roll, hence the actor has his role. And it wasnt the entire play is had only the three words spoken before your lines and what you were to deliver; they had only their parts, hence the actor gets his part. And I could go on but it was fascinating trying to imagine the arena and thatched room holding about 3,000 people smashed in to watch Much Ado or All's Well that Ends Well. It was really neat and definitely the picture of what studying in London is all about. Here are some snaps form the globe 



On the way home I couldnt help myself when I saw The Mermaid Centre....

No comments: