Thursday, February 19, 2009

3 days in Wales....

This weeks Wednesday excursion turned into a 3 day trip! It was so fun we drove with our coach driver Tony for a few hours into Wales then we had our first stop in St.Fagans. It was a whole working reenacting town that showed real Welsh life in the 1800's and 1900's. There were small thatched roof cottages and the little market where the people would shop. The town had it;s cute little church and a big farm. The farm was fun to see all the animals the cows and piggy's in the pen were cute- but the were CHICKENS JUST WALKING AROUND! Like no fence of coop or little chicken playground for them they were like just walking around town exploring. I didnt like this too much. I need some boundaries between be me and my fowl thank you very much! Not that I have a thing against chickens I would have felt the same way if the goats were walking next to me too. I tried to get a few snaps of the chickens but then they collectively decided to take advantage of my obvious fear and would charge towards me and make their ferocious noise and it obviously scared me so I couldn't get my camera focused just right. Anywho this little town was really cute! I guess I just liked that everything was working and was just like the people lived back then; 




Next Stop Fairy Tale Land......
Before we headed to the hostel( more on that later) we went to a fairy princess castle. Ok well not really. It used to be the remains of an ancient castle in Wales that has recently been rebuilt to look like a Fairy Tale Castle. I was expecting the Princess to come round the corner Frog Prince in hand. It was ADORABLE. It explored the whole thing and sang princess songs and played. I felt like a 5 year old! It actually made me really homesick for Disney! I miss that Disney magic in my life every day and this made me feel like I back at home in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle... 





Then we got to the Hostel. This was interesting to say the least. I will be positive about it so that also means I will be brief. It was special. My linens were in a Zip Loc bag and I'm pretty sure there was piece of tree bark on them. At least the toilet was inside. hahah Life is about experience right??


The next day we went  was a BEAUTIFUL castle in the city of Beaumaris. It was right on the beach. It was amazing. The whole stone castle was so pretty, but my favorite part was when all of us girls stood in the chapel of the castle together singing hymns. You could hear it all throughout the castle it sounded so beautiful and was so so special!!







 The next town we visited the cute little town of Chester! hahah yes Chester This cute little English town had a flight of stairs right by the river called the "Wishing Steps". If you run up and down twice without breathing you wish will come true.... well im not going to spoil my wish and tell you what I wished for but be expecting a wedding invitation for Mr. & Mrs. Joe Jonas pretty soon...

Then we went to Shrewsberry Cathedral. It was beautiful cathedral the stained glass was my favorite. Im actually stunned by how well  cathedrals last through all this time. It's incredible...

No comments: