Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sometimes...

Life Stings a Little.
We don't get the answers we want. Things don't work out or go our way. Sometimes life happens and hurts our heart a little (or a lot). But the beauty is that it's ok. Heavenly Father is listening and there is honey to be had. The sting will fade and we will come out on the other side a little stronger for having gone through that. In the past few days I've spent a good amount of time with just me and my thoughts. And while thinking (and over thinking) doesn't ease the hurt as much, some realizations do come. No one said growing pains are super fun. But I've decided that it is these times that help us become exactly who the Lord needs us to be. I've just been trying to remember...

"Keep your face toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall" -Walt Whitman

My sunshine has been sweet friends (and cousins) and surfing and reading and sleeping and taking pictures and running (a lot of running). It's all gonna be ok and if it wasn't for times like these I wouldn't truly appreciate the sweet and wonderful times. I guess all I'm trying to say is even when everything stinks, life is still pretty great.

No comments: