Friday, March 4, 2011

Check my Style....

I love popcorn. Its one of my favorite foods (next to apples). So a few years ago when I discovered this caramel corn recipe my life changed. Its fun to make and honestly one of the most wonderful treats you will have ever tasted in your life. no lie.
So thanks to my cousin melody because you have made my life sweeter in more ways than one...

Melody's Carmel Popcorn
3 bags of microwave popcorn
1/4C white corn syrup
1C brown sugar
1/2 C (one cube) butter [margarine will not work]
1tsp vanilla
1tsp white vinegar
1/4tsp baking soda
Microwave 3 bags of popcorn. Strain extra kernels if you feel like it. Put all of the popcorn in a large paper grocery bag. In a separate bowl melt corn syrup and butter together. Add the brown sugar to the mixture until it is smooth. Next add vanilla and vinegar. Microwave for 3 minutes. Mixture will boil. last add baking soda and stir until foaming.
Pour mixture into the paper bag over the popcorn and shake to mix it all up. Microwave paper bag for one minute and shake. Repeat two more times. Pour onto foil so it will harden ENJOY!

mmmm just typing this made me hungry.
aloha

1 comment:

chellyyy said...

this sounds way tastyy maybe i'll have to make it some time. XOXO p.s. i miss you