Sunday, March 21, 2010

I know its been forever...



But this semester has been busy busy busy. I have loved feeling so productive and busy. It's been fun balancing BYUH Student Association, Service Council, Student Advisory Council and my job with Kama'aina Kids. I love my job so much and being Aunty Alyssa and playing with my kids is so fun.


Also dating Christopher meant that I had spent so much time with him and even more working on learning sign language. I'm still working so much on learning ASL. Between all of my activities and school and work time to be creative kinda quickly got lost. Which I could totally feel that absence. I missed it. I missed photography and how it made me and the people I work with smile and feel. That use of creativity makes me feel like I've done something worth while.


But what a blessing Hawaii is. This wonderful place just reminded me to slow down. All it took was a bike ride on a sunny day after the rain passed through and seeing a big bright rainbow for me to remember why slowing down is so important. Its true what they say, great ideas come from great bike rides.


It just reminded me to find peace and joy in the journey. To do lots of good things, but never to get so busy that you forget to make time to do the things that make you the most happy.


To stop and look at those rainbows every once in a while. Whatever that rainbow is for you in your own life. Stop for an ice cream cone, or to smell the flowers or fly a kite. Just enjoy every day.


By the way kite flying is a new favorite way to spend my time.


No comments: