Friday, February 18, 2011

Cockadoodle-POO!!

I love Hawaii
I love so many things about it.
If I were to make a pro and con list the list would be ridiculously disproportionate
(Ten Million Pros Vs. A handful of cons)
Cons like huge cockroaches everywhere or stores/businesses arbitrarily being closed when you go there because its "aloha friday" and that means people don't want to work [shocker].These are things that I have been absolutely amenable to dealing with and just accepting and often loving because that is island life. I dont get mad when my chips go all soggy after being open for 10 minutes because of the humidity, I find the silver lining which is that you know now i wont accidentally hurt my mouth on a jagged chip corner.
BUT THERE IS ONE THING I AM STRUGGLING TO ACCEPT.
Roosters.
and all their stupid cockadoodle-dooing
it's ridiculous.
It's been 17 months of living here and I still hate the Roosters.

Maybe one day when Im an old lady in some weird nostalgic way I'll miss that shrill raucous sound. But for right now I really do hate it.
THEY are the reason I am up at 2:35 am BLOGGING!!
THEY start with that unrelenting noise before its even close to dawn.
Honestly I think the biological clock is all wacked out with these hawaiian chickens. Because they start right out side my window at about 2:00 am and just keep at it all night.
I HATE Roosters.
This really is the ramblings of a bitter bear. I really should focus on the fact that at this moment In between each rooster-schreech I can hear the palm trees and the ocean. I am so lucky and so blessed.
But seriously I'm like one more night away from getting a paintball gun and doing work on these chickens. I'm just saying....
Now I am going to put in some headphones and head back to dreamland
xoxo
Lyss

2 comments:

chellyyy said...

umm good news. there's not roosters on the point. prepare to be happy.

brittany+scott said...

"But seriously I'm like one more night away from getting a paintball gun and doing work on these chickens." HAHAHAAHAAAA! So funny...but yes, that does sound terribly annoying. My parents have a rooster who always wakes us up at 4 in the morning...nobody else but me and scott. I guess errrybody else in my fam is used to it?!? Go figure. P.S. The word verif. is pultri like poultry haha ROOSTER poultry...get it!? HA!