Thursday, July 2, 2009

I <3 The 90's



Lisa Turtle always had the best fashion sense of any of the gang on Saved By The Bell. Let me just say that her bold choices seem just as chic this summer as they did in the early 90's.My favorite 1990's TV shows seem to be the inspiration for this summers trends.



Think neon splashed bright basics, geometric prints, muscle tanks and v-necks, acid washed anything and your summer essentials would make Zack Morris, Kelly Taylor, D. J. Tanner and Hillary Banks all very proud. Update it with a little hippie vibe and fun accessories and boyfriend shirts, jeans, shorts or just anything oversized- especially sunglasses. It has that california cool with a nod to the nineties I am obsessed with. 










My other Favorite 90's throwback trend has made a definite comeback- ladies and gentlemen( well gentlemen, if there are any that are remotely interested enough that they haven't stopped reading by now) I give you the return of the jean jacket. We all had one back in the day that was our staple and go to jacket. Come on one for everyone seriously-

Well now its back and better than ever. Thrown over a carefee breezy summer dress or over your favorite white deep v-neck I'm in love with the Denim jacket all over again.




TV definitely hit a golden age during the 90's  I still rely on my dvds of Full House or Fresh Prince when I feel a little down. 90210 was the OC of the 90's and that sunny california vibe has recycled all over again and I love it like Zack Morris loves Kelly Kapowski!

No comments: